eduCORE is SETU Carlow’s research centre for educational research. It aims to strengthen the teaching-research nexus, the dissemination of research output and the continuing professional development of all staff. In the consolidation of the University’s educational research, eduCORE seeks to develop an inclusive and collaborative space for all researchers and faculty. Working closely with the Teaching and Learning Centre, eduCORE supports the diverse breadth of scholarly inquiry and practice, while continually reflecting on our provision to meet the needs of demographic, socio-cultural and educational change in Ireland and beyond. eduCORE aims to support the ever-evolving fields of practice and research and has a key role to play supporting professionals to shape and effectively respond to developments in education.
eduCORE’s specific aims are:
- To foster a dynamic cross-disciplinary culture with staff and postgraduate students
- To support communities of practice in educational scholarship and beyond
- To enhance the educational experience of all students
- To consolidate educational research across the University
- To encourage reflective practice and a sense of curiosity amongst all practitioners and researchers
- To create opportunities to support the dissemination of educational research output
- To cultivate a truly inclusive and diverse research culture throughout the University
eduCORE’s remit is to foster the research culture which is imperative to the SETU Carlow Impact Strategy Plan 2020-2025.